tj in malawi

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Elephant Stew

Elephant Stew

Ok so I found this recipe on a postcard… just to let you know that this is some of what I have to work with in terms of recipes at the moment, so I certainly would love any ideas!...seriously…my creativity is really limited.. even the basics, I’d love you to email me some of your favourite recipe’s!!

Instructions

Rinse and pat fry
1 medium to large elephant

Season with:
60 buckets salt
40 buckets course ground black pepper

Add:
1500 chopped onions
1 truckload chopped carrots
1 truckload diced potatoes
3000 peeled tomatoes (fresh or canned)
10 barrels of elephant stock (or water)
50 buckets of minced garlic
For that special touch of extra flavour add:
1 bay leaf

And don’t forget that secret ingredient:
25 smoked warthogs

Season to taste with salt, pepper, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce, then let simmer.

Feeds 2000


Oh yeah and just for the record, my plan to have a pet elephant… well the idea that there are elephants, hippo’s and lions roaming around everywhere in Africa, is nearly as true as the fact that all aussies have pet kangaroos in their backyard. They really are just in the game reserves and national parks. I think “The lion king” hasn’t given us the truest representation… still a great movie though… Oh and there’s no clicks in the Chichewa language like in “The gods must be crazy” movie…thank goodness for that, I can’t even whistle properly let alone crazy clicking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home