first class travel into the new year

New years day was one of my favourite days so far. We woke lazily after little sleep and no rush for anything at all… spent the morning lazing around the bush doing sudoku, cooking toast on the fire, and slowly packing up, just as we were about to set off for home, a giant storm hit, as we had traveled down in the back of the car, we had planned the same return journey, but unfortunately, The others chickened out and choose the squishy inside of the car, I coulnd;t fathom the concept of four hours with no breathing space when there's a perfectly sensational tray on the back to ride in! anyway I declared it would be fine, and im sure the rain would stop in a ten minutes or so…. it didn’t…freak storm that continued for the entire four hours. I was drenched, but the happiest girl alive.
I was in a little air pocket comfortably perched on a mattress, with coke, biscuits and my mps player, so I had nothing short of the most sensational journey home that I could have hoped for! Any time the car slowed to less than 60km, I would get wet, as the airpocet would be gone… but ....I had the most spectacular view of mountains covered in cloud, flat land as far as I could see covered in maize, village after village, people walking along waving at me, I better view than I have ever had, I could wave at people, buy things easily as we stopped along the way. I had my own little soundtrack, I could sing as loud as I wanted to, and I had four hours to watch the world fly past, and think about my time here, think about my time to come and just think and pray and reflect. Not only was it a highlight of my time so far, but it would be a highlight of my life.
I felt a freedom that I can hardly describe. What a fabulous way to start the year.

1 Comments:
Hi TJ
Paul here. Remember me? Loved the NewsYears story. We are planning to be in Malawi )Lilingwe) from 2nd April to mid june. We have got accomodation at Ufulu Gardens ( a self-contained house within the complex). Should be great. Sari and Melati are getting very excited. They will be in ABC Christian College school for a term. Do you know people there?
Post a Comment
<< Home