tj in malawi

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Some Random Stuff

When I buy a packet of biscuits or a packet of chips, they invariably have to be eaten with a spoon… most are imported and all that travel turns them into a crumbly powder.

• Ive started making my own bread now… anything brought locally is stale, I cant buy in bulk and freeze due to space, and electricity goes off so often now with the wet season that nothing really lasts in the freezer. I have resorted to a towel living at the base of my fridge cos I’m sick of coming home to a freezer lake in my living room. So now I only have the one towel, so its kinda frustrating when that ones being washed…but I’m not to worried, as this has helped me to learn the best ever way to cool yourself down… jump straight out of the shower and stand in front of the fan…. Works a treat! You get so cold that you end up shivering dry…!! Its fantastic!! So glad I invested in the fan… not sure how I managed the first three months without one, but I guess what you don’t know doesn’t hurt you! Hey AJ, when you come over can you bring a spare towel that you can leave here for me?? while I think of it, better to ask!! Oh and not a brand new one… I hate new towels… They don’t seem to dry you!! Yeah, so now that I’m into bread making, if anyone has any good recipes, id love to hear them!! remember.. i don’t have a bread machine!!

• My house is decorated for Christmas, I have toilet paper streamers, an assortment of branches and flowers in my new watering can that I have put some fairy lights around and paper crayon decorated stars hanging from the wall above the tree. Looks awesome!!

• Just a little request… if you want to send any email attachments, can you make sure to send them to my yahoo account. I feel terrible being so picky, and don’t want to stop any emails coming, its just that the local email account is one that I connect to at work, I pay for every second that I am connected and usually try to connect only for a minute, attachments can take between 10 and 30 minutes and sometimes block it up completely… so please please please only send attachments to the yahoo address… it takes no time at all on that one, and much cheaper!! Thankyou!!!!!

• A few people have asked about my postal address and how long mail takes to get to me…. so far it seems that mail is taking on average about 3 weeks (air mail)

Tamara Jolly
PO Box 2359
SOS childrens village
Lilongwe, Malawi
Central Africa

Just want to thankyou so much for your contact. It really makes my day when I get mail or a phone call or an email… its just so massively exciting. Im so very sorry that it takes so long for me to reply, but your love & support MEANS THE WORLD TO ME, so thankyou soooo much!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home