tj in malawi

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Time to write again

I simply can't begin to explain just how hard it is to start writing again. Its not that i havn't tried... infact many many times, it has just been to difficult. to emotional. The adjustment to life back in Australia has been massive for me, and is still very raw. I have now been home from malawi for an astounding 6 months and to start writing about this journey is a big step. a monumental one..... and very hard to explain. In malawi i wrote almost everyday and occasionally i posted my thoughts on this blog, but as you can see the last time i did that was from London airport before heading back to melbourne. So here is a new chapter. And to be perfectly honest, it has only been in this last rather challenging month that i've started to really honestly process the impact of my time away and integrate my worlds. Probably for me more than anyone else I want to open that malawi box and share the untold stories from then and now. boxes that are closed and nicely wrapped may look nice and pretty, but thats not how they are meant to stay. bottles with lids on them may be safe and protected but then you can't enjoy whats inside. weird maybe, but makes sense to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

Hey TJ,

It is very strange that you started writing today as it was only last night that I did a search for your page and was wondering if there would be anymore.

I would love to hear and share more of your stories from the Malawi box including the challenges that you have faced coming home. I remember what it was like coming back from Cambodia (now 5 years ago), it still has a huge impact on me and I was only gone for a couple of weeks. I can't imagine what it must be like for you.

I must admit I do have another agenda as well. I've returned to study this year doing a Masters of International and Commuinty Development. I hope that at some stage I will be able to go into the field on a longer basis then my short taste in Cambodia. Which is another reason I'm so interested in your experience.

Hope you are well, I may see you if you're floating around the rat at some stage.

Em Drough aka Em Mitchell aka Meg's sister :)

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tj,

good to see you are back on your blog, looking forward to your sharing your boxes with us!

love ya
Jo

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Tamara,
While searching on google I came across this blog, tried to find your details elsewhere but couldn't, so decided to email via this blog. We live in Melbourne and are looking for a Christian speech therapist to help our 8 year son. If you are willing please reply. liisakeily@yahoo.com.au Blessings

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home