Turkey, Madonna & Snakes
On Friday Kathy (the project manager of the SOS medical centre where I work) asked if I wanted to stay with them for the weekend, which I would never decline as I am always spoilt every time I come here. The Bowlers are the Canadian missionary couple that I spent my birthday weekend with some weeks ago.We went out for dinner twice, Indian for my birthday and then Ethiopian for Kathy’s birthday the day after mine. They have two beautiful girls, amy who is 7 and Alisa who is 4 (adopted at 18months of age from here in Malawi). Since then I have also been here a few nights when Steve has been out of the country, as Kathy and the girls have enjoyed the company at home. Tonight was a special one, they were celebrating Canadian thanksgiving (which is about a month earlier than the American one). It was actually on Monday night, but they had to postpone their celebrations as Steve was busy taking Madonna around the country!!!
So we had a massive thanksgiving dinner. When we arrived home after work I was overwhelmed by the beautiful Christmas day smells!! There was a giant turkey in the oven (and I mean giant) we had asparagus, beautiful salads, potatoe, turkey, cherry pop soda, pear and strawberry pie for dessert. We then played cards until late into the night. I learnt a new game called wizard, it’s a variation of 500 and heaps better. Over dinner and cards we had lots of conversations about international donors for aid organizations, talked about Madonna and her time here in Malawi, and the rumours of her Malawian adoption. (more on that later though!)
Then the next morning i awoke to find two snakes in the toilet bowl of my room. So that was rather eventful. They were tiny tiny ones.... but they are still snakes in a place that i wasn't very happy about!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home