tj in malawi

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The hungry feeling

I had an experience a few weeks ago that I wasn’t very keen to share with people, but I have decided that it is an important part of my experience here so far. I wasn't very well, just had the flu in my third week, anyway, i went a bit hungry.

Most of it was due to my own disorganization and lack of planning, but its so easy to be used to jumping in the car and going to the local supermarket if you run out of food, but there is no such luxury here. So im a little ashamed to be sharing this story, as it really was my own fault, but it really was a big moment for me in my time here so far. I was really hungry and going to sleep hungry is really really ordinary! And it only happened to me for a few nights in a row. and i knew that in a few days i would be alright again, because i could get food. but there are so many people who can't. that feeling may be a forever feeling. i was really overwhelmed by the experience.

We take food and water for granted in a very big way at home!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger PI007 said...

We sure do take it for granted here along with many things. The 40 hour famine only gives us a glimpse of what hunger is like.

Thanks God for your many blessings that we shouldn't take for granted like we do.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home